Install Android 3.0 Market on Emulator
- Download and install Android SDK. After that, set up a new emulator. (You may want to learn how to set up an Android Emulator
- Go android-sdk_r11-windows\android-sdk-windows\platforms\android-11\images (this is the default folder for SDK Platform Android 3.0, API 11, revision 0), copy system.img and paste it to C:\Users\Username\.android\avd\Emulator’s name.avd
- Download three files: Vending.apk, GoogleServicesFramework.apk and ADB.zip (unzip the file after downloading). After that, put all these files into android-sdk_r11-windows\android-sdk-windows\tools; we will need them later. (In Android 2.3 SDK, adb files were removed so that’s why we need them.)
- Press Winkey+R, type cmd and press Enter. Change the directory to android-sdk_r11-windows\android-sdk-windows\tools (I kept the default folder structure but it is recommended that you change it).
- Enter the following:
emulator -memory 1024 -avd MotorolaXoom -partition-size 100 -scale .75(please replace MotorolaXoom with your emulator’s name). This command will launch your emulator. Please don’t try to launch it from SDK manager, otherwise, it won’t work.
- Launch another command prompt window, switch to android-sdk_r11-windows\android-sdk-windows\tools, type in:
adb -e shellPlease make sure that the emulator is fully loaded. Enter
mountYou will see something like the image below, and look for the line: /dev/block/mtdblock0 /system yaffs2 ro 00.
- Now remount the /system in read-write mode.
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock0 /system chmod 777 /system/app exit
- In this step, we will copy two files: Vending.apk and GoogleServicesFramework.apk into /system/app. To do this, from the second command prompt window, type:
adb -e push Vending.apk /system/app/ adb -e push GoogleServicesFramework.apk /system/app/If success, it will look like this:This is what I got:
>adb -e push Vending.apk /system/app failed to copy 'Vending.apk' to '/system/app/Vending.apk': Out of memory
- Now, you need to remove SdkSetup.apk from /system/app (if it is not removed, the SDK will be restore in next session). In the second command prompt window, type:
adb shell rm /system/app/SdkSetup.apk
- Close your emulator.
- Go to C:\Users\Username\.android\avd\Emulator’s name.avd and delete these two files: userdata-qemu.img and cache.img. Launch your emulator in the normal way and then, you will see Android Market from the list.Using Facebook:Note: Some applications and games may not work because they need real hardware. Angry Birds and Youtube are such examples. With these you can hear the sounds but not see any video.